Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes Recipe
Our beloved oatmeal cookies in tasty pancake form
I said it with regard to our Coconut Macaroon Pancakes, and I'll say it now: there is no reason you can't have cookies for breakfast. But if you want to be somewhat of a grown person about it, make them into pancakes for an instantly legit sweet brunch fix.
This oatmeal raisin pancakes recipe features all the flavors in a homemade oatmeal raisin cookie, with a lot of the same texture. Spiked with just enough cinnamon and served warm with maple syrup or smeared with peanut butter, this pancake recipe just may find its way onto the brunch table again next week. If we don't find another cookie to turn into pancakes, that is.
- Whisk together sugar, vanilla and butter in a large bowl.
- Add raisins, oatmeal and milk and eggs, whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. If batter is too thick, add a little more milk.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium heat and add batter in small batches, about 1/4 cup each. If batter is thick, you may need to press down on each with the back with a spoon to flatten.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and bubbly on top, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or peanut butter.