Seasonal Chopped Salad Recipe
A creamy chopped salad with nuts and goat cheese
At farm-to-table temple The Dressing Room in Westport, CT this salad changes six times a year with fall ingredients, including sweet potatoes and parsnips. But no matter the seasonal produce, there’s always a nut, friseé and creamy goat cheese — a wonderfully creamy combination. If you can't find sea island peas, black-eyed peas will work as well.
- Blanch the vegetables individually, chill and set aside. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer over medium heat, add the chopped vegetables, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Strain the chilled vegetables through a sieve. Reserve the vinegar and the vegetables separately.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apple, frisee, parsley and goat cheese.
- Add the reserved vinegar, mustard, lemon juice and canola oil and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the peas and almonds to the bowl and toss to mix.
- Divide the salad among 12 small bowls or plates.