Honey Date Pancakes Recipe
Dig into sweet pancakes with chewy dates
If you're going to make something sweet for brunch, make something sweet, but don't cop out by tossing a handful of chocolate chips in batter and calling it impressive. Instead, go exotic. Honey and dates have been a classic pairing for ...oh, about 8,000 years, so it only makes sense to add them as a tribute to Food Republic's impressive roster of "modern" pancakes that includes all-stars like Red Velvet and Coconut Macaroon and other varieties we're sure would have caught on with the Mesopotamians.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, honey, milk and egg and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until just combined and smooth. Add dates and gently fold in.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of vegetable oil to coat.
- Drop 1/4-cup batches of batter onto the pan and cook until surface is bubbly, then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until golden browl.
- Serve hot with honey or maple syrup.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »