Creamy Artichoke Lasagna Bake Recipe
Lasagna, meet artichokes. It's casserole time
Once you know how to make a lasagna, you can try out all sorts of variations. This creamy artichoke lasagna bake recipe is a perfect vegetarian winter dish when fresh veggies are scarce, subbing in frozen artichoke hearts and pine nuts for an earthier taste than your usual tomato-based lasagna.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place lasagna noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add artichokes, pine nuts and half of the garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until artichokes are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the basil, the egg and the salt.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine broth and flour. In the same saucepan heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add the remaining garlic; cook and stir until garlic is tender.
- Stir in flour mixture and half-and-half. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup basil.
- In a small bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread about 1 cup of sauce evenly in an un greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange three of the cooked lasagna noodles over the sauce in dish. Spread with one-third of the artichoke mixture and one-third of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times, starting with the noodles and ending with mozzarella mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »