Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Butter, cream and cheese form pasta's holy trinity
The best advice for making perfect fettuccine alfredo: don't overthink it. This dish consists of fettucine, butter, cream, cheese, freshly ground pepper and a little parsley. As long as you keep an eye on the consistency as you're adding the sauce ingredients, you should be okay. You're already ingesting the holy dairy trinity, don't ruin it by obsessing over details or going halfway "for health's sake."
Like your sauce really thick? Go heavy on the cheese. Like your sauce a little thinner? Add more cream (or less cheese*). It's just that easy. Plus, there's really nothing like a hearty helping of fettuccine alfredo to "get you through the night."
- In a medium pot, heat cream over medium-low until just steaming, then whisk in butter.
- When butter and cream are combined, slowly whisk in parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste.
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions; drain, and return to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta, add parsley and stir well to coat thoroughly.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »