Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
Velvety mashed sweet potato makes perfect pancakes
We too have joined the race to get rid of Thanksgiving leftovers in the fastest, tastiest way possible. Our Sweet Potato Casserole recipe lends itself perfectly to cakey, moist pancakes just begging you for copious amounts of maple syrup. In this case, you can add mini-marshmallows if you absolutely have to. (We do).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, butter and eggs.
- Add contents of wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potato.
- Heat a large, nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat and spread vegetable oil over surface to coat.
- Add batter in small batches, leaving room between them for spreading.
- When small bubbles form on the top, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown — about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with chopped pecans and maple syrup.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »