Thanksgiving Leftover Macaroni & Cheese
Mac and cheese, starring Thanksgiving leftovers
Sometimes the most logical thing to do with leftovers is make macaroni and cheese around them. If you think this way, we're going to get along just fine. NYC Delicatessen chef Michael Ferraro takes leftover-repurposing to a whole new level. Because what was your Thanksgiving dinner missing? Nothing? Really? How about copious amounts of melted cheese.
The day after Thanksgiving is no time to be calorie-conscious. You need your strength for Black Friday (take a drink).
- In a large pot add butter, onion, sage and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, whisk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add milk and continue to whisk till milk comes to a boil and thickens.
- Whisk in the mascarpone, fontina and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Once cheese in melted and sauce is smooth, fold in the turkey meat, sweet potatoes, peas and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish, cover with remaining cheddar cheese and bake at 350F for 20 minutes until browned on top.
- Serve with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »