Inside-Out Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Chicken pot pie celebrates opposite day, too.
If you're craving a hearty chicken pot pie but don't have the wherewithal to...well, make a pie, try this easy dinner on for size. Cutting a few corners and scrapping the whole composed savory pastry idea will get a pot pie on the table faster than you'd think.
Shred your rotisserie chicken ahead of time and save the extras for another dinner. Try adding 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning to the soup mixture for another level of great flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Carefully unfold the puff pastry onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares and place the squares on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Pierce the center of each square several times with a fork. Bake until golden-brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the puff pastry bakes, place the soup and milk in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the soup mixture to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, vegetables, salt, pepper, and garlic salt and cook, stirring to break up the chicken pieces, until hot, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place the baked puff pastry squares on plates and top with the hot chicken mixture.
- Garnish each with a rosemary sprig, if desired.