Coconut Macaroon Pancakes Recipe
There's cookie-flavored cereal — why not pancakes?
In our quest for the perfect pancake, which in our humble opinions, take very nicely after desserts (just ask our famous red velvet pancake recipe), we have discovered coconut macaroon pancakes. Much more coconut than pancake, these are recommended for those of you in dire need of a tropical brunch vacation right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Because of the coconut, these burn pretty quickly, so keep an eye on them while they're in the pan. You will be rewarded with a symphony of texture that you won't find in plain old buttermilk pancakes.
- In a medium bowl, microwave coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar until hot, about 30-45 seconds.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Slowly add the coconut milk to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Whisk eggs in another large bowl, then add in the coconut mixture while gently whisking until well-combined.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large, non-stick pan until hot and foamy, then drop heaping tablespoonfuls for smaller pancakes or 1/4-cup batches for larger pancakes, leaving room between them to spread.
- They won't bubble like regular pancakes, so check their doneness by gently lifting a corner with a spatula. When they're golden brown, flip over and cook for for another couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »