Lobster Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Lobster and eggs make an easy, upscale brunch
This lobster scrambled eggs recipe comes from Chef David Burke, whose whimsical and dramatic take on modern American cuisine drew us to SoHo's David Burke Kitchen, his newest venture. The key to this dish is using the best eggs you can find, free-range and fresh from the coop if possible (scope out the egg scene at your local farmers market). Very ripe summer tomatoes will also work wonders. Do that lobster justice.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl until foamy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Melt butter, add shallots and tomatoes and saute until crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower heat, add eggs and scramble traditionally (here's how).
- Add lobster meat and orange zest and toss lightly.
- Add salt, pepper and chives. Garnish with caviar and creme fraiche, if desired.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.