Grilled Halibut and Fennel Recipe
Mild-flavored halibut goes big on the grill
This simple combo of grilled halibut and fennel brings clean but bold flavors to the dinner table. Fennel's licorice essence gets stronger after caramelizing on the grill, giving the halibut a notable pick-me-up. In less than 20 minutes, it will taste like you've been cooking all day.
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- Pre heat the grill to medium high heat. Clean the grates with a wire brush and use vegetable oil to grease.
- Season the fish and sliced fennel with salt and pepper and vegetable oil.
- Place the halibut on the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Place the fennel on the grill at the same time and cook for 5 minutes each side or until you achieve nice caramelization and the fennel softens.
- Distribute the fennel on 4 plates (8 if you are going to cut the halibut steaks in half). Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place a piece of fish on top and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve with a lemon wedge.
If you like this simple grilled fish, try the Food Republic recipe for Balsamic Glazed Monkfish.