Simple Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
What's not to like about chicken noodle soup?
Chicken noodle soup just may be the ultimate comfort food. The smell of the mirepoix simmering in the pot can enliven a room, and the taste of the finished product makes small children and hulking he-men feel instantly better. (Unless you're a vegetarian, which is great, but why are you looking at this recipe when you should be looking at these.)
This recipe isn't for some dainty first-course soup. Serve this chicken noodle soup with a big chunk of sourdough and good butter and it's a meal in itself.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, coat the bottom with olive oil, about 1 tablespoon.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and cook until the onions are translucent. Don't brown them.
- Add the garlic and cook stirring for another two minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
* For chicken, use white or dark meat — whatever your preference. Or better yet, use leftover roast chicken.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »