Lobster Guacamole Recipe
Todd English's Crossbar mixes lobster and guacamole
On a recent sunny afternoon, Food Republic took a lunch break on the patio at Todd English's sprawling new Manhattan restaurant Crossbar. There's lots to like on the menu, but one dish that stood out on the appetizer list was lobster guacamole. That's right: English is putting lobster to use — perhaps because of its increased availability — in that Mexican standard, guacamole. Do lobster and guacamole go together? Indeed they do! Make this dish yourself to find out how these two great tastes go great together. Gracias, Señor English.
© Todd English’s CrossBar 2011
- Place all guacamole ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times, until ingredients are blended smoothly. Remove ingredients from food processor and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place all lobster ingredients, excluding the lobster, in a large stock pot and bring them to a boil.
- Once ingredients are boiling, drop the lobster in the stock pot and leave in for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the lobster from the stock pot and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell, chop roughly, and chill.
- Mix lobster dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Combine the dressing and chopped chilled lobster until it is evenly distributed.
Place guacamole in a bowl and top with dressed lobster meat.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »