Simple Grilled Radicchio Salad Recipe
Yes, it's a salad that's made on the grill
Grilled radicchio might sound strange, but certain greens — and reds, like radicchio — do great on the grill. This bitter lettuce is sturdy enough for the high heat, and when the leaves char it becomes a killer side dish for grilled chops or an awesome base for a simple salad like this one.
- in a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can make this ahead of time and simply whisk again right before serving.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place radicchio in large bowl. Add enough dressing to coat evenly. Grill until tender and crispy on the outer leaves, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the radicchio and slice the wax beans in half lengthwise.
- Add both to a large bowl with the mixed greens. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with the shaved cheese and serve.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »