Truffle Poached Eggs & Toast Recipe
Call this the breakfast of champions
Poaching an egg is something every cook should master. The key is the vinegar. Without it you’ll never have success. A little truffle oil takes these delicate domes from humble beginnings to haute cuisine.
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Break 1 egg into a small cup or ramekin and gently slide it into the water; repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Poach until the whites are firm and translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, strain, then transfer one egg on top of each piece of toast.
- Sprinkle the top of each egg with the grated Parmesan, the truffle oil and a little black pepper.