Perfect Juicy All-Beef Burger Recipe
All-beef burgers, one for the purists
As we fire up our grills we've found that there are two rival schools of thought on how to make a burger. Not how to build it, not the grill it's cooked on, just whether or not you use bread crumbs or go all-beef for your patty. We gave you the Food Republic basic burger with bread crumbs awhile back, so now, here's our basic all-beef burger. You decide which is best (then let us know in the comments).
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a bowl, sprinkle kosher salt generously over your ground beef.
- Add pepper and mix with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls. Flatten a little into the shape of round patties and place an indent in the middle of each with your thumb.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- This is the base for whatever toppings you may choose and whichever bun you prefer. Once you've tried this basic burger feel free to add worcestershire, dijon, barbeque sauce, and spices to your meat mixture until you find the burger profile that suits you. And if you're feeling industrious, make your own damned ketchup.
Tell us how you make your burger in the comments section.