Simple Salt and Pepper Shrimp Recipe
Jun 22, 2011 1:16 pm
The ultimate summer party dish, served with sauces
Servings: 50 pieces
2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined (about 26-30 per pound)
vegetable oil, for sauteeing
Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil to the pan, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add the shrimp, but do not crowd the pan. I recommend you cook them in batches.
- These small shrimp will cook very quickly so turn them once they begin to turn opaque and pink.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan immediately and set aside.
- Serve while warm or at room temperature with the mango and sweet chile dipping sauces.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Helen Cho emerges from a somaek-induced haze
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
From east to west, keep an eye on these beer scenes
Small batch isn’t just a buzzword. It’s the now.
Six contenders in the coveted design categories
The nation’s capital is fast becoming a food mecca