Simple Salt and Pepper Shrimp Recipe
Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm
The ultimate summer party dish, served with sauces
Servings: 50 pieces
2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined (about 26-30 per pound)
vegetable oil, for sauteeing
Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil to the pan, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add the shrimp, but do not crowd the pan. I recommend you cook them in batches.
- These small shrimp will cook very quickly so turn them once they begin to turn opaque and pink.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan immediately and set aside.
- Serve while warm or at room temperature with the mango and sweet chile dipping sauces.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Ordering coffee drinks can be confusing!
Sriracha, Tabasco, Cholula square off
Spoiler: Not all farmhouse breweries are on farms
Looking to try natural wines? Print this list.
Top breweries get on board with big cans
Dig into a hearty bowl of tomatillo pork chili
Wines from Greece have never been hotter