Simple Salt and Pepper Shrimp Recipe
Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm
The ultimate summer party dish, served with sauces
Servings: 50 pieces
2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined (about 26-30 per pound)
vegetable oil, for sauteeing
Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil to the pan, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add the shrimp, but do not crowd the pan. I recommend you cook them in batches.
- These small shrimp will cook very quickly so turn them once they begin to turn opaque and pink.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan immediately and set aside.
- Serve while warm or at room temperature with the mango and sweet chile dipping sauces.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Remember the 3 A's: aphrodisiac, absinthe, America
A hypnotizing vegetarian tart packed with flavor
Popcorn sprinkled with lime and spicy cayenne
When will Havana Club be sold in American stores?
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise