Simple Shrimp and Grits Recipe
A cheesy, easy-enough-to-make Southern treat
This recipe for creamy, cheesy grits topped with marinated shrimp hails from heralded, no-frills Miami eatery Bulldog Barbecue, owned by Chef Howie Kleinberg. This recipe for two is easy to make, fancy-looking, and incredibly delicious.
- Combine shrimp with BBQ sauce and 1½ oz. olive oil. Set aside to marinate for four hours.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining extra virgin olive oil, half of the chopped garlic and half of the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add grits and stir constantly until chicken stock is evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat large pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining chopped garlic and shallots and cook until translucent. Deglaze pan with white wine and add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- To finish grits, over medium heat add heavy cream, butter, white cheddar, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide grits between two bowls and place shrimp on top. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »