Bacon Wrapped Trout with Pesto Recipe
Jun 20, 2011 1:01 pm
You know it's better with bacon
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
Servings: 4 servings
4 (6 ounce) fillets trout, skin on
2 tablespoons pesto, pre- made or bought
8 slices bacon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper. Rub each filet with pesto and wrap each with two slices of bacon.
- In a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat add the oil. When the oil is hot add the trout, skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes, until bacon is nicely browned.
- Turn the trout fillets over and place the entire pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over the cooked fillets and serve.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Cookies, champagne, clementines, wings: hacked.
Don't be shy to dip these recipes in the good stuff
A quick, tasty, gluten-free salad recipe for lunch
Rainy Mondays suck. I even tried to bring lunch!
Escape the winter cold with classic island drinks
First rule of milk club: Don't talk about milk club
Shrimp done 40 ways, and so much more
Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
Chef Tadashi Ono offers his master recipe