Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Saucy and cheesy chicken parm, the way you like it
While some pound out a thinner cutlet before breading, for this chicken parmesan recipe we like the meaty texture and protein-to-carb ratio of a whole, unadulterated chicken breast. Please note that it'll just take a little longer in the oven. You can adjust the breadcrumb seasoning to your liking, a spoonful of cayenne pepper adds some heat and flavor, or try a handful of grated parmesan for a cheesier, more savory crust. A few minutes under the broiler gets you the crispy brown bubbly look you're going for.
Go ahead and double the recipe and save some for later too; chicken parm gets better the next day!
1. Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl, transfer breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl.
2. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture, then coat thoroughly with breadcrumbs.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet and fry chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until breading is golden brown and crisp.
5. Transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish, cover each with tomato sauce and mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove baking dish from oven and preheat the broiler on high.
7. Return dish to oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.