Roasted Asparagus & Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Jun 5, 2011 10:01 am
Asparagus: Still in season, and great with eggs
There's still a few weekends left in asparagus season, so this is the perfect time to try this easy and cheesy roasted asparagus and scrambled eggs recipe. Roasting asparagus gives it a deeper flavor and intensifies its natural affinity with eggs.
Servings: 2 servings
1 pound, asparagus
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break or cut off the tough ends of the asparagus. If the stalks are particularly thick or large you can peel them with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the asparagus stalks into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet or in a small roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the asparagus. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- When the asparagus is done roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a large skillet.
- Pour the eggs into the melted butter and sprinkle the asparagus pieces on top.
- Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter, and stir until it melts.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
A true gourmet must know gormeh. We have proof.
New cookbook aims to debunk edible marijuana myths
Britain stops rinsing raw chicken. We should, too.
Introducing the No. 7 Vans Classic Slip-On
Ice, syrups and lemons are often misunderstood
Stop everything and start deep-frying scallions
Meet notNeutral, innovators of coffee drinkware
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise