Spicy Thai Beef Salad Recipe
A sweet, hot, tart, and savory salad
If you're going to have a salad, throw some spicy rare cow on top — right? Right. This easy-to-make Thai menu staple features flank steak marinated in a combination of sweet, spicy, sour, and umami ingredients (thanks, fish sauce!) that will leave you satisfied in ways you never imagined. Once your face stops burning, that is.
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Pour over flank steak and marinate in a covered container or freezer bag overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat broiler on high. Broil steak for 3 minutes on each side for rare (5 on each side for medium), then remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients and set aside.
5. Thinly slice steak
5. Arrange tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and steak slices over salad greens, sprinkle with crushed peanuts, top with dressing and serve
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »