Tacos Al Pastor & Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Tequila-infused tacos from Chef Jesse Vega
For the pork:
1. Toast guajillo, chile de arbol, and ancho. Remove stems and seeds then place in a spice grinder to make a powder.
2. Add ground cumin and salt to your chilies and rub a generous amount on the pork butt.
3. Place in a roasting pan with ½ a pineapple cut in large chunks and 8 oz of water.
4. Roast covered at 325 degrees for 3 hours or until it's tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
For the pineapple salsa:
1. Slice pineapple lengthwise, excluding the core, and lay in a shallow pan.
2. Pour Camarena tequila silver over the pineapple and let sit for at least at hour, then grill just enough to get color on both sides. Set aside to cool.
3. Small dice the half onion and serrano and slice cilantro.
4. Once pineapple is cooled, cut into a small dice combine all salsa ingredients, add juice of 2 limes and season to taste with salt.
For the tacos:
1. Heat tortillas, add roasted pork and top with Camarena pineapple salsa.
2. Slice wedges of remaining 2 limes and garnish each taco with one lime wedge.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »