Steak and Chipotle Eggs Benedict Recipe
Breakfast worthy of a king
For the eggs:
- In a large pot of boiling water add the vinegar. Turn the heat down to a low simmer.
- Crack the eggs one at a time, into a small bowl and add them one at a time very gently into the simmering water.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the egg is completely coagulated and the yolk looks slightly opaque. Remove from the water.
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- Pour 1-inch of water into a pot over medium heat, and heat to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low.
- Place egg yolks and 1 teaspoon water in a medium metal mixing bowl and place over the simmering pot. Whisk until mixture lightens in color, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture over the simmering water and whisk constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens, doubles in quantity and becomes a lighter color.
- Remove the bowl from over the simmering water and gradually add the butter, in a slow stream, continually whisking until all of the butter is incorporated. Do not rush this procedure or your sauce may break and become curdled looking.
- Place the bowl back over the simmering water occasionally so that it stays warm —NOT HOT — you don't want to scramble your egg yolks.
- Add the lime juice, adobo sauce and season with salt. Serve immediately or keep warm.
Assemble the dish by placing sliced steak on top of each side of the toasted English muffin. Scoop warm leftover sauteed spinach on top of the steak, top with a poached egg and drizzle the hollandaise on top of each egg.