Grilled BLT Pizza Recipe
May 27, 2011 3:31 pm
Pizza that borrows flavors from a classic sandwich
Servings: 4 personal pizzas
1 batch pizza dough
1 batch pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella, grated
4 slices applewood bacon, cooked
1 ripe heirloom tomato, chopped
2 leaves red leaf lettuce, cut into strips
- Preheat grill to about 450 degrees and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. Stretched out, totally not round, very rustic-looking pizzas are the goal here.
- Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks. Flip over, add sauce and mozzarella and close the lid.
- Place the bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss well. Remove the pizza from the grill when the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and top with the “BLT” mixture.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
For 22 days, Jay and Beyoncé are going dairy free
Items for ex-New Yorkers, Bostonians, Southerners
'Take No Prisoners' and 'Animal' methods revealed
Stylish picks for your kitchen and beyond
Escape the winter cold with classic island drinks
First rule of milk club: Don't talk about milk club
Shrimp done 40 ways, and so much more
Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
Chef Tadashi Ono offers his master recipe