Grilled BLT Pizza Recipe
May 27, 2011 3:31 pm
Pizza that borrows flavors from a classic sandwich
Servings: 4 personal pizzas
1 batch pizza dough
1 batch pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella, grated
4 slices applewood bacon, cooked
1 ripe heirloom tomato, chopped
2 leaves red leaf lettuce, cut into strips
- Preheat grill to about 450 degrees and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. Stretched out, totally not round, very rustic-looking pizzas are the goal here.
- Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks. Flip over, add sauce and mozzarella and close the lid.
- Place the bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss well. Remove the pizza from the grill when the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and top with the “BLT” mixture.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Sriracha, Tabasco, Cholula square off
Ordering coffee drinks can be confusing!
Spoiler: Not all farmhouse breweries are on farms
Top breweries get on board with big cans
Dig into a hearty bowl of tomatillo pork chili
Wines from Greece have never been hotter