Grilled BLT Pizza Recipe
May 27, 2011 4:31 pm
Pizza that borrows flavors from a classic sandwich
Servings: 4 personal pizzas
1 batch pizza dough
1 batch pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella, grated
4 slices applewood bacon, cooked
1 ripe heirloom tomato, chopped
2 leaves red leaf lettuce, cut into strips
- Preheat grill to about 450 degrees and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. Stretched out, totally not round, very rustic-looking pizzas are the goal here.
- Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks. Flip over, add sauce and mozzarella and close the lid.
- Place the bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss well. Remove the pizza from the grill when the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and top with the “BLT” mixture.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Freak shows, stone steins, "beer corpses" and more
With great beer comes great drunk munchies
A Middle Eastern spread with serious history
Consult this chart; be a good person
Chefs, butchering, baking, booze, vegan. Yes!
The hottest new spots in the hippest global hubs
Beer is bigger, and better, than ever
People wait hours for famed Austin 'cue. But why?