Grilled BLT Pizza Recipe
May 27, 2011 4:31 pm
Pizza that borrows flavors from a classic sandwich
Servings: 4 personal pizzas
1 batch pizza dough
1 batch pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella, grated
4 slices applewood bacon, cooked
1 ripe heirloom tomato, chopped
2 leaves red leaf lettuce, cut into strips
- Preheat grill to about 450 degrees and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. Stretched out, totally not round, very rustic-looking pizzas are the goal here.
- Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks. Flip over, add sauce and mozzarella and close the lid.
- Place the bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss well. Remove the pizza from the grill when the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and top with the “BLT” mixture.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Sean Brock's cheeseburger recipe is on the money
Introducing the No. 7 Vans Classic Slip-On
World's 50 Best list unveiled in London tonight
Britain stops rinsing raw chicken. We should, too.
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Stop everything and start deep-frying scallions
Meet notNeutral, innovators of coffee drinkware
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise