Grilled BLT Pizza Recipe
May 27, 2011 4:31 pm
Pizza that borrows flavors from a classic sandwich
Servings: 4 personal pizzas
1 batch pizza dough
1 batch pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella, grated
4 slices applewood bacon, cooked
1 ripe heirloom tomato, chopped
2 leaves red leaf lettuce, cut into strips
- Preheat grill to about 450 degrees and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. Stretched out, totally not round, very rustic-looking pizzas are the goal here.
- Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks. Flip over, add sauce and mozzarella and close the lid.
- Place the bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper into a bowl and toss well. Remove the pizza from the grill when the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Cut into slices and top with the “BLT” mixture.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
You’ve heard the term. But really, you can do it.
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
They're hot, often dirty and pretty much tired
A serious sign of spring. Yes, it’s spring.
Learn the different kinds of smoked salmon
A tailoring theme, a lively bar scene and more
The young NYC chef makes a “simple peasant dish”
Discover a lively cuisine in Israel’s fertile north
An old tiki favorite gets a new-Brooklyn twist
Spicy, tangy, Italian-style ribs in red sauce