Best Basic Potato Salad Recipe
A favorite side dish at its most satisfying basic
This is what we consider the Best Basic Potato Salad Recipe. It's creamy and herbal and tasty. Once you master this basic recipe you can personalize it with curry or celery or pickle relish or even hard-boiled eggs if you must.
Our favorite potatoes for potato salad are Yukon Golds, Yellow Finn, or little red potatoes.
- Put potatoes in a deep pot, cover with salted water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Immediately drain and let cool off for 10 minutes.
- Gently toss potatoes with mayonnaise, herbs, cider vinegar, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill before serving.