Tiger Shrimp Summer Rolls Recipe
Rolls with Black Rice Vermicelli and Honey Hoisin
The Manhattan Cocktail Classic was not just about cocktails. For a Campari event at the Lower East Side bar/performance space The Box, both bartender and chef were presented with both a challenge and a muse. The muse? Ms. Padma Lakshmi, Top Chef hostess, star of sultry TV commercials and author of the cookbook Tangy, Tart, Hot, and Sweet. The challenge? To come up with a cocktail and food pairing that was inspired by the Top Chef host and her book. The dishes had to be either tangy, tart, hot, or sweet. Chef Sean Scotese came up with these sweet Tiger shrimp summer rolls to be paired with the classic Negroni.
- Dip each piece of rice paper into hot water for approx 10 seconds.
- Lay two soaked pieces slightly overlapping each other onto a clean tabletop.
- Place 5 half shrimps in a line across the middle of rice paper wrappers.
- On top of shrimp place a thin line of black rice vermicelli.
- Place 3 leaves each of mint and Thai basil and 1 sprig of cilantro evenly on top of shrimp and vermicelli.
- Lay bean sprouts and lettuce in a line across the middle of rice paper wrappers, slightly under shrimp and vermicelli stack.
- Fold excess rice paper in towards middle or roll from both the right and left side.
- Begin rolling from the bottom up, making sure to apply even pressure as you approach the top.
- Cut each roll into 1-inch rounds and reserve until ready to assemble.
- Combine honey and hoisin in mixing bowl until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon small amount of honey hoisin onto each tiger shrimp summer roll and serve.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »