Prosciutto Cups Recipe
Prosciutto cups with radish salad and mustard seed
The Manhattan Cocktail Classic is not just about drinking, there was cocktail appropriate food served throughout the five day fest as well. But it wasn't all mini quiches and tiny hot dogs. For a Campari event at the Lower East Side bar/performance space the Box, both bartender and chef were presented with both a challenge and a muse. The muse? Ms. Padma Lakshmi, Top Chef hostess, star of sultry tv commercials and author of the cookbook Tangy, Tart, Hot, and Sweet. The challenge? To come up with a cocktail and food pairing that was either tangy, tart, hot or sweet. Chef Sean Scotese came up with these tasty and tangy prosciutto cups to go along with mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout's Easy Breezy Punch.
- Lightly coat a mini-cupcake tray with non-stick spray.
- Cut thinly slice prosciutto into 3 inch by 3 inch squares.
- Lay a square of prosciutto gently into each cupcake mold on the tray.
- Bake in 325 degree oven until dry and crisp, approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove cups from tray and reserve on paper towel until ready to assemble.
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Reserve in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
Mustard Seed Caviar
- Boil mustard seeds in 1 qt of water for 15 min.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine boiled mustard seed, turmeric, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt and ½ cup water in small saucepot.
- Boil mustard until almost dry.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Once cool, mix chives into mustard seeds and reserve until ready to assemble.
- Spoon a small amount of radish salad into each prosciutto cup until almost full.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a small scoop of mustard seed caviar before serving.