Black Rice Pudding Recipe
Black Rice Pudding with Gingered Rhubarb
Rice pudding is a comforting classic. Our version uses slightly more exotic ingredients than the usual milky white pudding. We cook black rice with coconut milk and top it with a seasonal gingered rhubarb for a dessert that is impressive but easy to execute. This recipe is also great if you or your guests have a gluten allergy or celiac disease, as it's gluten-free when made with the listed ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the black rice and water to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes, until the water has been absorbed.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer, stirring occasionally about 12-15 minutes
- Stir in the sugar and let cool to room temperature.
Gingered Rhubarb topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash the rhubarb and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Place rhubarb into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the ginger and sugar.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until tender.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »