Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
May 17, 2011 6:30 pm
An Indian snack with Ginger Cilantro Chutney
Servings: 8 servings
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Ginger Cilantro Chutney:
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Introducing the No. 7 Vans Classic Slip-On
Sean Brock's cheeseburger recipe is on the money
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Know your Café Bombón from Caffè Lungo
Miami La Mar chef is spreading the tiradito gospel
Stop everything and start deep-frying scallions
Meet notNeutral, innovators of coffee drinkware
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise