Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
May 17, 2011 6:30 pm
An Indian snack with Ginger Cilantro Chutney
Servings: 8 servings
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Ginger Cilantro Chutney:
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
America's great underrated food scene gets a boost
Britain stops rinsing raw chicken. We should, too.
Chefs, butchering, baking, booze, vegan. Yes!
A huge, melty double cheeseburger lives in Harlem
Mix with liquor or pair with dinner, you can't lose