Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
May 17, 2011 5:30 pm
An Indian snack with Ginger Cilantro Chutney
Servings: 8 servings
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Ginger Cilantro Chutney:
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Easy, healthy, flavorful fish dish ideal for winter
Regional flavors, 3 a.m. noodles, fire, dumplings
A quick, tasty, gluten-free salad recipe for lunch
Escape the winter cold with classic island drinks
First rule of milk club: Don't talk about milk club
Shrimp done 40 ways, and so much more
Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
Chef Tadashi Ono offers his master recipe