Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
May 17, 2011 6:30 pm
An Indian snack with Ginger Cilantro Chutney
Servings: 8 servings
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Ginger Cilantro Chutney:
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Dining in Space City is out of this world
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
And more importantly, when to use each
Ceramic wall planters help brighten a small space
How cheese dip could signal the next big food craze