Sweet Potato Pakora Recipe
May 17, 2011 6:30 pm
An Indian snack with Ginger Cilantro Chutney
Servings: 8 servings
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- For the batter, mix all ingredients, except water, in bowl thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate cold water with whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables into batter until evenly coated, scoop small spoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and reserve.
Ginger Cilantro Chutney:
Mix all ingredients and reserve.
- Spoon a small amount of ginger cilantro chutney onto each pakora.
- Garnish each hors d’oeuvre with a leaf of cilantro before serving.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Helen Cho emerges from a somaek-induced haze
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Not every indie upstart is a true liquor craftsman
Small batch isn’t just a buzzword. It’s the now.
New cookbook aims to debunk edible marijuana myths
Six contenders in the coveted design categories
The nation’s capital is fast becoming a food mecca