Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Recipe
Perfect party or holiday dessert
Vanessa blogs as The Urban Gatherer and is also the executive chef behind the scenes at Food Network's Good Eats. A city dweller in constant search of farm fresh ingredients she's shared her warm strawberry rhubarb cobbler with us. This sweet strawberry and rhubarb center is topped with a flaky poppy seed crust and served with basil-flecked whipped cream.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the strawberries, rhubarb, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of the flour.
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse together the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, remaining brown sugar and salt.
- Add the 1/2 cup butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and stir in the poppy seeds and 1 cup of heavy cream just until combined.
- Butter an 11x7x2-inch pan and spread the fruit mixture evenly in it.
- Drop the batter in big blobs over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly and golden on top. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Whip remaining heavy cream and pinch of sugar to medium stiff peaks and fold in the basil.
- Serve cobbler slightly warm, topped with basil whipped cream.