Rosemary Refresher Cocktail Recipe
Apr 7, 2011 6:31 pm
A perfect cocktail for an aperitif
Aromatic rosemary blends beautifully with fresh juices and reposado tequila for a thirst-quenching cocktail. Making infused simple syrup is a relatively easy trick, and one well worth mastering.
Servings: 1 drink
2 ounces Patron reposado tequila
1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
3/4 ounce rosemary- infused simple syrup
1 rosemary sprig, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together tequila, juices, and simple syrup with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass, over fresh ice.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
For Rosemary- Infused Simple Syrup
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil, continuously stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Gently roll the rosemary sprigs between your hands to release the aroma from the leaves, and then add them to the simmering liquid.
- Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Pour the syrup into a container and keep in the refrigerator.
*this simple syrup is enough for several cocktails.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
New cookbook aims to debunk edible marijuana myths
Watch out, fancy ramen, KOA's sorba noodles rock!
Britain stops rinsing raw chicken. We should, too.
Introducing the No. 7 Vans Classic Slip-On
Stop everything and start deep-frying scallions
Meet notNeutral, innovators of coffee drinkware
Irish capital is awash in Guinness and fiddle tunes
Breweries use modern packaging to simply make noise