Rosemary Refresher Cocktail Recipe
Apr 7, 2011 5:31 pm
A perfect cocktail for an aperitif
Aromatic rosemary blends beautifully with fresh juices and reposado tequila for a thirst-quenching cocktail. Making infused simple syrup is a relatively easy trick, and one well worth mastering.
Servings: 1 drink
2 ounces Patron reposado tequila
1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
3/4 ounce rosemary- infused simple syrup
1 rosemary sprig, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together tequila, juices, and simple syrup with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass, over fresh ice.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
For Rosemary- Infused Simple Syrup
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil, continuously stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Gently roll the rosemary sprigs between your hands to release the aroma from the leaves, and then add them to the simmering liquid.
- Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Pour the syrup into a container and keep in the refrigerator.
*this simple syrup is enough for several cocktails.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Chefs on flavor, skins, shapes and seasons
The cans and bottles to seek out
Craig Deihl is the cured-meat master of Charleston
Crunchy tortilla-crusted inside-out nacho sticks
In the smokehouse for decades, he's still obsessed
One of NYC's youngest, most artful chefs speaks out
Let that melty cheese ooze out and get crunchy
Turn functional storage into a stylish centerpiece
Florida chef on the pressure to find talent