Need a night out of town? Hit the road or train and head to The Topping Rose House in Bridgehampton, NY for an evening of salt water pools, a farm-to-table restaurant by renowned chef Tom Colicchio (try their pig roasts!) and a big, comfortable room stocked full of awesome local snacks. Itchin for a fishing excursion or baking lesson? They'll hook you up. In the morning, head down for one of the best breakfasts in town, and don't miss the crispy fingerling potatoes.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons fresh picked rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes, thyme and garlic in a saucepot and cover with water. Season with 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Simmer until a fork can slide cleanly through the potatoes.
- Turn heat off and let potatoes sit in the water for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes completely and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat a fryer or canola oil in a sauté pan to 350 degrees.
- Smash potatoes lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Fry until crispy (5-6 minutes). At the last second, drop the rosemary in until crispy.
- Drain potatoes and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
Find more crispy potatoes on Food Republic: