The Stinger is a semi-old-school classic cocktail. The drink itself has pre-Prohibition roots, but it didn’t hit peak popularity until the Rat Pack era of the 1950s. Most spirits-only cocktails should be stirred, not shaken, but tradition dictates that the Stinger be shaken with ice. French mixologist Romain Chassang of Ugo & Spirits created this Souvenir cocktail recipe as a rustic French riff on the classic. He swaps out the traditional Brandy for Blanche Armagnac.
- 1 1/2 ounces Blanche Armagnac
- 1/2 ounce white crème de menthe
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Or, alternatively, serve straight up in a cocktail glass.