We borrowed this vegan cocoa espresso mousse recipe from chef Laurent Mechin at Jill's Restaurant at the St. Julien Hotel and Spa in Boulder, Colorado and it's pretty great. We love Meatless Mondays, but the crew at Jill's takes it a step further with Vegan Fridays, which is where you can find this smooth and creamy play on chocolate mousse along with a few dozen other totally delicious, animal-free dishes. Got a food processor? Good, you're ready to go.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
- You can make a parfait layered with coconut whipped cream (1 can of coconut milk whipped with 3 tablespoons sugar) and topped with fresh fruit for an impressive presentation. Or just eat it straight out of the bowl.
More vegan desserts on Food Republic: