We too have joined the race to get rid of Thanksgiving leftovers in the fastest, tastiest way possible. Our Sweet Potato Casserole recipe lends itself perfectly to cakey, moist pancakes just begging you for copious amounts of maple syrup. In this case, you can add mini-marshmallows if you absolutely have to. (We do).
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed sweet potato, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- chopped pecans, to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, butter and eggs.
- Add contents of wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potato.
- Heat a large, nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat and spread vegetable oil over surface to coat.
- Add batter in small batches, leaving room between them for spreading.
- When small bubbles form on the top, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown — about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with chopped pecans and maple syrup.