This versatile dipping sauce is the perfect addition to salt and pepper shrimp. Sriracha and red pepper flakes give it a kick, while the sugar adds a balancing sweetness.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, sriracha and chili flakes in a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until mixture begins to turn syrupy, then reduce heat to low.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water and stir into sauce. Bring back up to a simmer — sauce should thicken substantially.
- Remove from heat and serve. Can be kept tightly covered and refrigerated for up to a week.