There are few desserts that can’t be improved with a little booze. In fact, none immediately come to mind. Thanks to Sailor Jerry’s rum for this spiked pecan pie recipe! But why the rum? A shot or so of spiced rum amplifies the flavor of the pecans and makes the dessert pairing as easy as…well, you know.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 9-inch frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add dark corn syrups, sugar, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and vanilla and mix until well-incorporated.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour pie filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes then lower temperature to 350 and bake for another 25-35 minutes until pie is set.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
More Thanksgiving dessert recipes on Food Republic: