Good juicing takes more than tossing a bunch of produce in an extractor and hoping the resulting liquid is palatable. Take charge of your glass with Julie Morris' Superfood Juices. Her tried-and-true blends are as delicious as they are packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Start off with a spicy green juice.
How much spice do you like? In this juice recipe, you can adjust the heat level from mild (by removing all the jalapeño seeds prior to juicing), to ambitiously spicy (if you juice the pepper whole), to anywhere in between. I use this juice if I feel a cold coming on because it is low in sugar and high in immune-boosting nutrients, especially vitamin C and chlorophyll.
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 celery stalks
- 3 kale leaves
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds (partially or entirely) removed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon camu berry powder
- Juice the cucumbers, celery, kale, lettuce, and jalapeño pepper.
- Transfer the juice to a shaker cup or blender and add the lime juice and camu berry powder.
- Blend until ingredients are fully incorporated.
Find more spicy drinks on Food Republic: