The Darby’s Spicy Dame cocktail was created to exude a modern opulence and style in cocktail mixology. It’s a fun, sexy and sophisticated recipe that combines muddled jalapeño peppers, mint, and cucumber with a homemade ginger syrup and ultra-premium Belvedere Intense Vodka. Served with a medium heat, the Spicy Dame can be prepared with a greater spice profile depending on a guest’s request.
Ginger simple syrup is a cinch to make – simply combine one part water to two parts sugar, then grate a large chunk of peeled ginger root into the mix, allow to macerate for several hours or overnight, then strain through a fine sieve and refrigerate until needed.
- 2 ounces Belvedere Intense vodka
- 2 ounces ginger syrup
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 small slices jalapeno
- 2 small slices cucumber
- Combine the mint, jalapeño, cucumber and ice in a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add vodka and ginger syrup with extra ice, shake well.
- Strain over new ice in a hi-ball glass.
- Garnish with a jalapeño or other small chili pepper and a cucumber slice.
More Cocktails of the Week from Food Republic: