In honor of the genre of films from the 1960s that featured Western American themes but were filmed by Italians in the arid wilds of Italy and Spain, the Spaghetti Western Cocktail celebrates the classic flavors of the Manhattan Cocktail with American whiskey, sweet vermouth and Angostura Bitters, but is whipped with the distinct Italian tang of Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur. Yeehaw!
- 2 ounces Hudson Manhattan rye
- 3/4 ounce Solerno
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Stir ingredients over ice until well chilled and properly diluted.
- Strain into a chilled martini/coupe glass and garnish with a Luxardo Maraschino Cherry tucked into and speared onto a fresh orange twist.
More cocktail recipes on Food Republic: