Finally, a cookbook exclusively for frosting! Author Heather Saffer won Food Network's Cupcake Wars, owns Dollop Gourmet Cupcakery in upstate New York and publishes this cookbook next week. We thought we'd preview one of the standout recipes for frosting we'd smear (schmear?) on just about anything.
My first attempt at my cupcake shop didn’t go so well, and when I realized that I had to start the cupcake business over again from scratch, I balled my eyes out. When life as you know it crumbles to pieces, I firmly believe that you’re allowed to throw that tantrum — grade-school style, flailing limbs and all. But then you’d better pick yourself up and push yourself upwards, because there is s’more work to be done (and because no one looks good eating frosting with a frown). Enter this amazing S’more Frosting! Guaranteed to brighten even the worst day!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons chocolate fudge
- 6 sheets graham crackers, ground
- In a double boiler over medium heat, mix egg whites, sugar, salt and cream of tartar, and whisk continuously for about 5–6 minutes.
- Once it becomes frothy and white, remove from heat and immediately pour in stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Whisk for 6–9 minutes on high.
- Add vanilla, fudge and ground graham crackers; mix slowly for another 1–2 minutes or until well combined.
Try out these other Sweet Tooth recipes on Food Republic: