We love a good spice blend, especially when it’s a secret ingredient used in a hot Mexican restaurant like Foxwoods Casino’s Scorpion Bar. We had to do a little bit of prodding to get the ingredients for this, and we’re glad we prodded. With two varieties of paprika, fennel seed, brown sugar and ancho chile powder, this mix can work wonders as a meat rub or in sauces. Scorpion Bar uses this spice mix in their housemade guacamole and salsa.
- 4 tablespoons Spanish sweet smoked paprika
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablesppoon
- 2 tablespoons ground fennel seed
- 4 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dry Mexican oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a tightly sealable container.
- Seal tightly and store in a cool, dry place.