Yogurt is healthy for you. So are raspberries. So by the transitive property, factoring in a certain disregard for healthfulness because it’s weekend brunch, these incredibly easy raspberry yogurt muffins are basically superfood.
These are delicious with a smear of cream cheese or fresh ricotta, which you can make at home.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup yogurt to the butter mixture, then half of the dry ingredients, mixing and repeating with the remaining yogurt and remaining dry ingredients until the batter is combined; be sure to end with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the whole raspberries and jam until evenly mixed. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling them to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.