Guess what we started craving when we found out Jon Hamm directed the premiere of Mad Men’s upcoming fifth season? Really hard question, we know. Even for the (crazy) people who don’t watch it. We decided to give the classic cocktail we call the old-fashioned a jazzed-up little facelift for Cocktail of the Week. We turned to renowned mixologist Willy Shine of Contemporary Cocktails fame for this Disaronno-spiked drink any man would be mad to refuse.
- 1 ounce Appleton Estate Reserve
- 1 ounce Calvados
- 1/2 ounce Disaronno
- 1/4 ounce Punt e Mes
- 1/4 ounce El Tessoro Reposado
- Orange peel, to garnish
- Stir all ingredients with ice cubes.
- Pour over a 2x2 ice cube in a frozen double old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel, squeezed over the top first to release the oils.
More Cocktails of the Week from Food Republic: