Quinoa may seem small, but this grain brings protein, calcium, and iron — not to mention a delicious nutty flavor — to plenty of dishes. We made this Moroccan-style, but feel free to play around with the spices in your pantry.
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt for seasoning
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Add the cumin, coriander seeds, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Season with salt and serve.
If you like this try Lourdes Castro's Grilled Corn and Quinoa Salad.