These mini burritos have all the goods of a typical burrito in an appetizer size portion. We skipped the food truck foil and refried beans to make these worthy of a spot at your dinner party. Roasting the veggies results in a caramelized flavor, making for a much more interesting bite and an overall better burrito.
- 4 (6-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 small onion sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, cored and sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño chilies
- 3/4 cup Spanish or white rice, cooked, kept warm
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sliced onions and peppers on a sheet pan and lightly toss with olive oil, cumin and salt and pepper. Place in the oven a roast until soft and lightly caramelized (browned on the edges). About 10 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the rice, cheese, and jalapeños in the center of each tortilla.
- Evenly distribute the roasted peppers and onions on top of the rice and cheese. Top with sour cream and a dash of hot sauce.
- Fold the top and bottom of each tortilla in towards the middle. Then roll to form mini burritos.