Peel and trim, roll in goodness and roast. It’s just that easy. Parsnips add some color, texture and flavor variation to your typical fall roasted carrot dish — they’re sweet and creamy when roasted, perfect for serving alongside a classic roast chicken or thick, bone-in pork chops. Of course if you want to go all cliche and serve them at Thanksgiving, you could do that too. Any friends of vegetables will surely thank you.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a large baking sheet, roll carrots and parsnips in olive oil, salt and maple syrup until thoroughly coated.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are caramelized and tender.